CURRENT AFFAIRS FROM PIB(PRESS INFORMATION BUREAU), MARCH 28TH, 2019
CURRENT AFFAIRS PIB MARCH 28th 2019
photo is for illustration purpose not original
- India now space superpower after successfully testing the Anti-Satellite (ASAT) Missile, where it has shot down a low-orbit satellite using ASAT missile.
- India joins the elite club of space superpower after USA, Russia & China, where it has mastered this anti-satellite (ASAT) missile technology.
- India is now only the 4th country to acquire such a specialized & modern capability.
- Entire effort of making a missile of shooting down satellite in space is indigenous.
- Also as there are no treaties governing the use of ASAT(anti-satellite) missile technology, India is not violating any international conventions.
- A 14 days joint training exercise of the Indian Army and the Sri Lankan Army called Exercise MITRA SHAKTI VI.
- Focus of the exercise is to train and equip the contingents to undertake joint counter insurgency and counter terrorist operations in urban/ rural environment under the United Nations flag.
Vijayawada Railway station gets Gold rating
One of the busiest railway junctions in the country, Vijayawada Railway station has received Gold rating.
Gold rating is given by Indian Green Building Council.
Vijayawada Railway station boasts of
- 100% LED lighting,
- Five star rated fans,
- Motors & pumps and
- Solar water heating systems.
World Happiness Report 2019
- India got a rank of 140 in the list of 156 countries.
- Even Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka are happier than India.
- Finland is considered the most happier with a number 1 rank followed by Denmark and then Norway on the third.
- Last in the list is the Caribbean country Haiti (Continent : North America).
- World Happiness Report is a survey in which the state of global happiness is taken into account.
- World Happiness Report is a survey done on 156 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
- This year in 2019 World Happiness Report focuses on happiness and the community.
- This is the 7th World Happiness Report.
- The first World Happiness report was released in April 2012 in support of a UN High level meeting on “Wellbeing and Happiness: Defining a New Economic Paradigm”