Table of Contents
CURRENT AFFAIRS FEBRUARY 5 & 6 ,2019
Important Current Affairs of February 5 & 6 ,2019 taken from The Hindu newspaper & PIB.
ISRO launched India’s communication satellite GSAT 31
The satellite GSAT 31 was successfully launched from French Guiana.
- GSAT 31 is the communication satellite of India.
- It is India’s 40th communication satellite
- This satellite will augment Ku-band transponder capacity in geostationary Orbit.
- GSAT 31 was launched by Ariane- 5 . It will provide continuity to operational services on some of the in-Orbit satellites.
- The satellite provides Indian mainland and Island coverage.
- It will be helpful in television , digital satellite news gathering, cellular backhaul connectivity .
Some features related to satellite GSAT 31
- Lift off mass : 25 35 kg
- Spacecraft power: 4.7 kilowatt
- Payload : Ku-band transponders
- Coverage area : Indian mainland and Island
- Mission life: around 15 years
Pakke Hornbill festival
- Arunachal government declares Pakke Hornbill festival as ‘state festival’.
- Commonly known as Pakke Paga Hornbill Festival (PPHF) .
- It is Arunachal state’s only conservation festival referred as ‘state’s festival’.
ADB bought stake in India’s microfinance
The investment has reinforced the belief that microfinance in India is on a course of attracting good investments from global giants.
More current Affairs of feb 5 & 6 2019
Kerala became the first state to set up a price monitoring and Research unit
It was done to track price violation of drugs which are essential and medical devices under the drug price control order (DPCO).
Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards
The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards for the year 2017 at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 6th February 2019.
General Council of the Sangeet Natak Akademi selected 42 artists from the field of Music, Dance, Theatre, Puppetry and Overall contribution/scholarship in the Performing Arts.
Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar is an award given by the Sangeet Natak Akademi,India’s National Academy of Music, Dance & Drama.It is the highest Indian recognition given to practicing artists.
Sri Lanka celebrated its 71st Independence Day
Sri Lanka celebrated its 71st Independence Day on February 4, 2019 in Colombo. Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih was the guest of honour at the main function held in Colombo.
MoU of Ministry of Coal & Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland
The Ministry of Coal, India entered into a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland.
The key objective of the MoU is:
- To foster relations in the field of coal mining and
- Clean coal technologies through the already established joint coal working group as well as research institutes and academia between the two countries.