CURRENT AFFAIRS JANUARY 28 ,2019
Important Current Affairs of January 28, 2019 taken from The Hindu newspaper & PIB.
Current Affairs 28 January Kalamsat-V2
What is Kalamsat-V2
- Kalamsat-V2 is world’s lightest satellite (weighing just 1.26 kg) ever to be put into orbit
- Developed by Spacekidz, which is a Chennai based group of students.
- The total lifespan of Kalamsat-V2 communication satellite is 2 months.
- Kalamsat-V2 is launched by ISRO.
- Kalamsat-V2 satellite has been built at a cost of around Rs 12 lakh.
- Named after Former President A.P.J.Abdul Kalam
- It will be used for studying the communication system of nanosatellites that will be useful in disaster managements.
- Kalamsat-V2 is the First satellite to be built by a private Indian Firm and launched by ISRO.
- Kalamsat-V2 is the First Indian satellite to use rocket’s fourth stage as an orbital platform.
- Kalamsat-V2 is the First ever 3D-printed satellite in the world.
Padma Awards 2019
4 padma Vibhushan
14 Padma Bhushan
94 Padma Shri
Padma Vibhushan Awardee
Tijan Bai Musical Artist & exponent of Pandavani from Chhattisgadh
Ismail umar guleh (Foreign national) Djibouti (East Africa)
Anil kumar Manibhai Naik (Group Chairman of L&T) Maharashtra
Balwant Moreshwar purandare (Writer) Maharashtra
Indian Tune took over British on Republic day
Shankhnaad, a martial tune created for Indian armed forces was played on Republic day.
This was the first time since independence that an Indian tune played on Republic day instead of British Tune.
Defence forces earlier used the martial tune created by Britishers before Independence.
Shankhnaad, a martial tune was composed by Tanuja Nafde (Musical Artist) based on Brigadier Vivek Sohals’s poem.
Novak Djokovic beats Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal in straight sets in men’s singles final of Australian open.
World Number one Tennis player Novak Djokovic won the Australian open for a record seventh time.
Novak Djokovic hails from Serbia.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) solar based
Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) is now the only major port in India to meet its total energy requirement from solar power generated by its captive plant.
Vizag port meets its energy needs only from Solar Power now.