Current Affairs from PIB(Press Information Bureau), March 24th 2019
World Tuberculosis Day
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed every year on 24th March.
- It is observed to commemorate the anniversary of Dr. Robert Koch who discovered the Tuberculosis (TB) bacteria in 1882.
- World Tuberculosis Day theme for 2019 is is “It’s Time”.
- India has renewed its commitments and intentions to end TB (Tuberculosis) by 2025 which is 5 years ahead of global target of 2030.
New Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh will take over as Next Chief of Naval Staff
- Present Chief of Naval Staff is Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- Param VishishtSeva Medal (PVSM) and the AtiVishishtSeva Medal (AVSM) are two medals associated with the Indian Navy.
Who Notifies Rate of Exchange of conversion of the Foreign Currencies
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- CBIC determines the Rate of Exchange of conversion of each of the foreign currencies
- The powers conferred to Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) by Section 14 of the Customs Act, 1962
- There are total 22 foreign currencies notified in the two Schedule i.e., Schedule I & Schedule II.
Africa- India Field Training Exercise-2019
- 17 African nations & India took part in the inaugural Africa-India Field Training Exercise , AFINDEX-19.
- Focussed on on exchange of best practices amongst the participating nations in the guidelines of United Nations (UN).
- It is the inaugural Africa-India Field Training Exercise in which all 18 countries (17 African countries and India) took part.
- The exercise held at Pune.
- Cyclone ‘IDAI’ hit the coast of Mozambique (an African country) on 15th March 2019.
- Cyclone IDAI caused large scale destruction and loss of lives.
- India is actively doing Humanitarian efforts in Mozambique.
- Ships of the First Training Squadron of the Indian Navy (Sujata, Sarathi and Shardul) are at work.
- Chetak helicopter of Indian Navy is also involved in the humanitarian assistance in Mozambique.
- Mozambique is officially called as the Republic of Mozambique.
- is a country located in Southeast Africa bordered by the Indian Ocean to the east.
- Its Official language is Portuguese.
- Its Currency is Mozambican metical (MZN).