current affairs quiz
Q.1. Consider the Correct statements about the scheme ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna‘:
- Ministry of Culture introduced a new scheme namely ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’.
- Centre will refund the CGST charged on raw food purchased by Charitable Religious Institutions (CRIs) for free distribution among people.
- Charitable Religious Institutions who are eligible should be registered with Darpan portal.
- Ministry of Culture will register the eligible charitable religious institutions
Ans: (a) All Correct
(b) 1, 3 & 4
(c) 1 & 4
(d) 2, 3 & 4
Q.2. Pick the Wrong statement/s:
1. RBI launches Financial Literacy Week during June 4-8 2018.
2. RBI has developed tailor-made content for five target groups namely, Farmers, Small entrepreneurs, School children, Self Help Groups and Senior Citizens.
3. Reserve Bank had published a series of pictorial booklets namely Raju & Money Kumar.
4. The theme of Financial Literacy Week is customer protection
Ans: (a) 1 & 4
(b) 1, 2 & 4
(c) Only 3
Q.3. Consider the statements about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) and pick the Wrong one:
- Affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor
- Under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- Intended beneficiaries of this scheme are below poverty line people (BPL), Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and Low income Group (LIG) in urban region.
- Middle income Group (MIG) is not targeted under this Scheme.
Ans: (a) 3 Only
(b) 2 & 4
(c) 4 Only
Q.4. Pick the Wrong statement/s :
- Fiscal deficit is the difference between the government’s expenditures and its revenues (including the money it’s borrowed).
- A country’s fiscal deficit is usually communicated as a percentage of its gross national product (GNP).
- Primary deficit is fiscal deficit minus interest paid on the borrowings.
- A Fiscal Deficit can also be termed as current accounts deficit or the budget deficit.
Ans: (a) 1 & 3
(b) 2 Only
(c) 1 & 4
(d) 1 & 2
Q.5. Which of the following statements is/are Correct?
- World Bicycle Day is an official United Nations day
- ‘Green Future: Deposit’ scheme is launched by Yes Bank on World Environment Day.
- ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’ was the theme on World Environment Day & India was the Host Nation.
- Plastic declared as the Oxford Children’s Word of the Year 2018
Ans: (a) None
(b) Only 3
(d) 2 & 3
Answers & Explanation:
Q.1. Ans (a)
Explanation: DARPAN is a platform provided by NITI Ayog for all voluntary organization like NGOs, receiving foreign contribution or who were registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act to register and getting a unique ID.
It is thus mandatory for these organizations. To register they need PAN number of organization, mobile number, email & name of chief functionary as necessary to register on the portal to generate a unique identification number for them.
It will thus act as database of information of all voluntary organization sectors wise.
Explanation: A series of pictorial booklet published by RBI with title “Raju” -focussed on the habit of savings & banking concepts.
Whereas “Money Kumar” series explains the role & function of Central bank i.e. RBI.
Read More Click
Q.3. Ans (c)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) is an initiative by the Government of India under the Central Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in which affordable houses will be built for all the Urban Poor which includes Middle Income group (MIG) too.
Around 51 lakh houses approved under PMAY(U) to be built by 2022.
Government of India is committed to provide Housing for All by 2022 by implementing this scheme called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (urban).
Read More Click
Q.4 Ans (d)
Explanation: Excluding the money borrowed & not including & Fiscal deficit is calculated on GDP & not GNP.
Primary deficit can be arrived by deducting interest payment from fiscal deficit. Interest payment is the payment that a government makes on its borrowings to the creditors.
Fiscal is Money & deficit is shortage so Fiscal Deficit similar to Money Shortage
Fiscal Deficit is always calculated on the percentage of its Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
Q.5. Ans (c)
Explanation: World Bicycle Day is an official United Nations day observed on 3rd June 2018. It was approved on 12 April 2018 as an official United Nations day.